Level 7 Masters
Integrating Body process in Psychotherapy
- The History of Body Psychotherapy, its roots in analysis
- Reichian Character Structure
- Energetic principles and self regulation
- Lowen and Bioenergetics
- Body Reading
- Transformative images in bodywork
- Feminine Consciousness and the work of Marion Woodman
- Research and neuroscience
- Trauma Therapy will be looked at with special reference to the work of Babette Rothschild and Peter Levine
- Physiological basis of trauma
- Containment, resourcing and empowerment
- Coupling dynamics
- The elements of internal experience (SIBAM), Integrating experiential polarities
- Global High Intensity Trauma
- Inescapable Attack
- Physical Injury
- Failure of Physical Defense
- Emotional Trauma
- Natural Disasters
- Torture and Ritual
Reflection and Presence
- Introduction to analytical psychology and its contribution to the appreciation of the spiritual aspects of psychotherapy.
- The Hero’s Journey. Models of individuation.
- The practice of mindfulness and the generation of unconditional friendliness.
- John Welwood:Bridging reflective, phenomenological and presence centred approaches to psychotherapy.
- Meditation and psychotherapy. Maps, conflicts and convergence.
- Unconditional Presence: Clinical application, acquiring new skills.
- Full spectrum psychopathology. Jack Engler’s Buddhist extension of object relations.
- Ken Wilber: Spectrum of consciousness model.
- Ken Wilber: Models of change. Translation v transformation. The transpersonal witness.
- The nature of the art therapeutic dynamic
- Use of art therapy with specific client populations
- Benefits and contraindications of art therapy
- Art therapeutic environments and materials
- Understanding the nature of art expression: process and product
- Facilitation exploration and insight
- Ethical and legal issues pertaining to the use of art therapy
- Subjective experience of the art therapy: Counter-transference, cumulative and vicarious trauma
- Experiential practice of art therapeutic media
Research Methods and Professional and Ethical issues
- Experiential exercises to identify areas of theory and practice
- Structuring and writing the case study
- Structuring and writing the dissertation
Methods of qualitative research into theory and practice
- Heuristic research
- Imaginal research
- Case study research
- Literature review