FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
1. "What is the difference between a psychiatrist, a psychologist and a psychotherapist?"
You can get an idea of the differences between the three by reading below:
Psychiatrist - A medical professional who has trained at a medical college and chosen this specialty at the end of his/ her training. A psychiatrist deals predominantly with mental health with mental health illnesses and can prescribe medications as a way of treating a condition.
Psychologist - A psychologist is a person who studies human behavior and the way people function on a mental and emotional level. A psychologist will use tests to measure IQ, to determine a personality type or a person's capabilities to perform certain tasks. She/he would use counselling skills in their work with people.
Psychotherapist - A psychotherapist has trained in helping people to look at their life issues using various techniques, depending on different approaches adopted. Psychotherapy is usually a long-term process and works with life patterns and the client's whole personal story.
2. "What is CPCAB?"
The Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) is a United Kingdom based awarding body and the only awarding body in Europe to specialize in the field of counselling. The CPCAB is managed by renowned professional trainers, counselors and supervisors. The Certificate Course in Humanistic Counselling and the Diploma in Integrative Counselling offered at Therapy Works (Private Limited) are fully accredited by the CPCAB.
3. "Upon completion of the course, how soon can I start taking clients?"
After completing both the Certificate Course in Humanistic Counselling and the Diploma in Integrative Counselling, people can generally start seeing clients. For more details regarding these internationally certified courses, please Contact us.
4. "How much is the cost of the UK Certificate Course in Humanistic Counselling (CPCAB Accredited)?"
For all cost-related queries, please Contact us.
5. "How long are clients generally admitted into the in-client facility (rehab) for?"
Each and every client is unique and have their own specific requirements while they are staying with us in our residential in-client facility (rehab in Karachi). The decision for how long a client stays usually rests with the RMO (Resident Medical Officer) and head psychiatrist at the rehabilitation centre.
6. "What is the cost for in-client services?"
For all cost-related queries, please Contact us. However, we would like to add that although our in-client facilities (rehab in Karachi) are of international standards, we charge some of the lowest rates in the entire city.
7. "Are certificates provided upon successful completion of corporate and other workshops?"
Yes. We provide each attendee of all of our workshops with a certificate at the end of each and every workshop.
8. "Are workshops open for everyone or only for Therapy Works students?"
Certain workshops can only be attended by students of Therapy Works. However, the majority of our workshops are open for everyone who are interested in attending. Details are always specified when we advertise all our upcoming workshops.
9. "What kind of companies come to Therapy Works for corporate training/services?"
Diverse kinds of corporations and organizations come to us for corporate services and training, ranging from semi-government organizations to multinationals to private companies. We also have customized workshops for our corporate clients based on their organization-specific needs.
10. "Are the course and workshop tutors and facilitators foreign or local?"
We have both foreign visiting tutors as well as local ones who facilitate workshops and teach the courses offered by us. The Therapy Works team is diverse and we have specialists with both international and domestic experience.
11. "Are the internationally certified courses only offered in Karachi?"
The internationally (CPCAB) accredited courses, including the Certificate Course in Humanistic Counselling and the Diploma in Integrative Counselling , are offered in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.
12. "I am interested in working at Therapy Works. Is there a way I can join the organization?"
You can email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will save it on our database for when we are hiring.